Visitors can enjoy all that Salem has to offer including the coffeehouses, shopping, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 58 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Youngstown
- The closest major airport is in Youngstown, OH (YNG-Youngstown - Warren Regional), 27.4 mi (44 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Akron, OH (CAK-Akron-Canton), 29.6 mi (47.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Salem
Places to visit in the larger region include Cherry Valley Coke Ovens Arboretum, Copeland Hills Golf Club, and Mill Creek Wildlife Sanctuary. Additionally, you'll find Mastropietro Winery and The Links at Firestone Farms in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Salem - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Salem
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 38.90 inches of rain falls on Salem each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F