Find Hotels in Amsterdam
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Sep 2, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Mar 16, 2020
Where to stay in Amsterdam
Travelers to Amsterdam give high marks for the fascinating museums, interesting architecture, and popular theater scene. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its monuments, art, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Dam Square, Royal Palace, and Madame Tussauds.
- There are 1201 hotels and other accommodations in Amsterdam
- The closest major airport is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotterdam (RTM-Rotterdam The Hague), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amsterdam
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Madame Tussauds, Amsterdam Museum, and Anne Frank House. Attractions like Artis, Amsterdam Dungeon, and NDSM Werf are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Dam Square, Royal Palace, and New Church.
In Amsterdam, you'll be able to select from 1201 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Breitner House - Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Amsterdam East can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to public transit.
- Hotel TwentySeven - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Amsterdam City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Villa Oldenhoff - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and location.
Other favorite sights in Amsterdam include The Old Church (Oude Kerk), Begijnhof, and Flower Market. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Keukenhof Gardens, 16.2 mi/26.1 km from the heart of the city, and Circuit Park Zandvoort, which is 15.1 mi (24.3 km) away.
Getting Around Amsterdam
With so many transportation options, seeing Amsterdam is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Nieuwmarkt Station, Amsterdam Central Metro Station, and Waterlooplein Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Rokin Station, Amsterdam Central Station, or Amsterdam Muiderpoort Station.
Dressing for Amsterdam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 69°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 76.09 inches of rain falls on Amsterdam each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Amsterdam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Amsterdam, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Amsterdam?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Amsterdam?
What's the best place to stay in Amsterdam City Centre?
What's a favorite place to stay in Canal Ring?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Amsterdam?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Amsterdam?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Amsterdam?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Amsterdam?
What's the best hotel to stay near Dam Square?
Recent reviews of Amsterdam hotels
More trip options
- Amsterdam Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Amsterdam Airports
- Hotels in Amsterdam Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Amsterdam Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Amsterdam
- More Hotel Options in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in North Holland
- Other Hotels near Amsterdam, North Holland
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends