Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Aylesbury, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the bars, gardens, and sporting events. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theaters. Around the area, top sights include Bicester Village, University Church of St Mary the Virgin, and Radcliffe Camera.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Aylesbury
- The closest major airport is in London (LTN-Luton), 19.1 mi (30.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford (OXF), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Aylesbury
A couple of favorite places to visit are Aylesbury Park Golf Club and Waddesdon Manor. Additionally, in the area you'll find Bicester Village and University Church of St Mary the Virgin.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Aylesbury. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Malt House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi.
- The Five Arrows Hotel - Our customers like the location and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Angel Restaurant with Rooms - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit around the area include Radcliffe Camera, 19.4 mi/31.2 km from the heart of the city, and Oxford University Museum of Natural History, which is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away.
Getting Around Aylesbury
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Aylesbury Station, Aylesbury Vale Parkway Station, or Aylesbury Stoke Mandeville Station. Aylesbury might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Aylesbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Aylesbury each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F