Find Hotels in Amersham
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2018
Reviewed on Oct 18, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2020
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Amersham, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's forests and coffeehouses. Windsor Castle, Legoland, and Wembley Stadium are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Amersham
- The closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LTN-Luton), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amersham
A favorite place to visit in the city is Little Chalfont Golf Club. Additionally, in the area you'll find Windsor Castle and Legoland.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Amersham. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Kings Arms Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Potters Arms - Our customers like the helpful staff at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- The Crown - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Wembley Stadium, 16.2 mi/26.2 km from the heart of the city, and Frogmore House, which is 14 mi (22.6 km) away.
Getting Around Amersham
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Amersham Station or Chalfont and Latimer Station. Amersham might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Amersham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Amersham gets about 0.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F