Visitors to Bacalar are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours.
- You'll find 89 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chetumal
- The closest major airport is in Chetumal, Quintana Roo (CTM-Chetumal Intl.), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Corozal (CZH), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bacalar
A favorite place to visit in the city is Fort of San Felipe. In the area, you'll also find Lake Bacalar and Manatee Sanctuary.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bacalar. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Rancho Encantado - With a stay at this 2.5-star ranch, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Casa Zazil - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Toto Blue Hotel Boutique - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Bacalar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 66°F at night
- Bacalar gets about 38.31 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 67°F