Banff Motels and More for the Frugal Traveler
If you’re having a hard time finding motels in Banff, expand your search to find motels in the surrounding area or let Expedia help you find a similar property from more than 67 lodging options. Simply use our search tools to filter by price per night or cost-effective amenities such as free parking and free airport transportation.
When you save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Banff. Not-to-be-missed sights include Cave and Basin National Historic Site, Upper Hot Springs, and Mount Norquay Ski Resort.
Here are some of Expedia customers' favorite motels in the larger area:
- Located 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of Banff
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like an iPad.
The Drake Inn
- A restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- Central Banff is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away
Big Horn Motel
- Enjoy access to the free WiFi and free parking, as well as room amenities like cable TV.
- Located 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from the heart of Banff
Things to Do in Banff
While you're sightseeing around the area, enjoy its majestic mountain landscape and top-notch restaurants. Visitors to Banff speak highly of its ski slopes, shops, and lakeside setting.
Here are some popular places:
- Cave and Basin National Historic Site
- Upper Hot Springs
- Mount Norquay Ski Resort
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Banff Gondola
- Tunnel Mountain
- Central Park
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Banff Lake Louise Tourism Bureau
- Banff Park Museum
- Bow Falls
Best Time to Visit Banff
Decide when you'd like to visit Banff by checking the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 46° F and nighttime temperatures average 7° F
- April-June: 72° F is the daytime average and 26° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 75° F and nighttime averages are around 37° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 58° F during the day and 8° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.94 inches in a year
How to Get to Banff and Around the Area
|Banff Station ||Train Station ||0.4 mi (0.6 km) |