Families will find kid-friendly activities in Barstow, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, riverfront, and cafés. You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Victorville.
Sightseeing and Staying in Barstow
The city's cultural venues include Mojave River Valley Museum and Western America Railroad Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Tanger Outlet Center is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you'll find Calico Ghost Town Regional Park and Smith Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Barstow. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Barstow - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Ayres Hotel Barstow - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites Barstow - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Barstow
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Barstow Station. Barstow might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Barstow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 102°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 105°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 34°F as the nighttime average
- About 2.60 inches of rain falls on Barstow each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 103°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F