Visiting Boulder City
History buffs will enjoy exploring Boulder City, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, casinos, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its cafés, local tours, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Hoover Dam and Boulder City Hoover Dam Museum.
- You'll find 913 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Las Vegas
- The closest major airport is in Boulder City, NV (BLD-Boulder City Municipal), 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Henderson, NV (HSH-Henderson Executive), 18.2 mi (29.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boulder City
The city's cultural venues include Boulder City Hoover Dam Museum and Nevada State Railroad Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Hoover Dam. The lakeside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wilbur Square Park, Bootleg Canyon Mountain Bike Park, and Hemenway Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Boulder City. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Boulder Dam Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and WiFi.
- Hoover Dam Lodge - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Inn Boulder City - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Las Vegas Convention Center, 24.1 mi/38.7 km from the city center, and Clark County Museum, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Dressing for Boulder City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 99°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 101°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- About 4.49 inches of rain falls on Boulder City each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 99°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 41°F