Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 1, 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Bradford, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its theaters, entertainment choices, and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Kirkstall Abbey, Eureka The National Children’s Museum, and First Direct Arena.
- There are 61 hotels and other accommodations in Bradford
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bradford
The city is well known for its theaters and museums, and cultural venues include Peace Museum, Bradford Police Museum, and St George's Hall. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Wool Exchange, Bradford City Hall, and Little Germany. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Bradford is worth a campus tour.
In Bradford, you'll be able to select from 61 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Orchard & Avenue - With a stay at this 3.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and WiFi.
- Midland Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar.
- Model Farm Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Kirkstall Abbey, 6.2 mi/10 km from the heart of the city, and Eureka The National Children’s Museum, which is 6.6 mi (10.6 km) away.
Getting Around Bradford
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bradford Forster Square Station, Bradford Interchange Station, or Frizinghall Station. Bradford may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bradford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 48°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 56°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Bradford gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 35°F