Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cartersville, and visitors give high marks for the college vibe, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and lakeside setting. Top sights in the city include Allatoona Lake and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park.
- There are 151 hotels and other accommodations in Cartersville
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 31.2 mi (50.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 34.4 mi (55.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cartersville
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Canton Theater, Booth Western Art Museum, and Tellus Science Museum. Families come for attractions such as Lakepoint Sports, Cagle's Family Farm, and Tanglewood Farm. The city is notable for landmarks like Old Car City, Euharlee Covered Bridge, and Allatoona Pass Battlefield.
In Cartersville, there are 151 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- MainStay Suites Cartersville - Emerson Lake Point - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cartersville - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Acworth - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Cartersville include Allatoona Lake and Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. Top places to visit around the area include SunTrust Park, located 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Cumberland Mall, which is 27.1 mi/43.6 km away.
Dressing for Cartersville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 29°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 30°F as the nighttime average
- Cartersville gets about 42.05 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 31°F