Visiting Cedar City
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Cedar City, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, festivals, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting and theaters. A top sight in the city is Brian Head Ski Resort.
- There are 239 hotels and other accommodations in Cedar City
- The closest major airport is in Cedar City, UT (CDC-Cedar City Regional), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cedar City
The city is well known for its festivals and theaters, and cultural venues include Southern Utah Museum of Art, Adams Shakespearean Theatre, and Frontier Homestead State Park Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Cedar Breaks National Monument, Dixie National Forest, and Kanarra Creek Trailhead. Top activities include skiing and snowboarding, while Cedar Ridge Golf Course, Three Peaks Recreation Area, and Brian Head Ski Resort are favorite sights to visit.
In Cedar City, there are 239 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Amid Summer's Inn Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and WiFi.
- Luxury Lodge & Spa, Cabins, Camping, Glamping, and RV w/full hook ups-Iron Springs Adventure Resort - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Cedar City - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Dressing for Cedar City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Average annual rainfall for Cedar City is 11.30 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 17°F