Families will find kid-friendly activities in Chippenham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Quaint and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Bath Abbey, Roman Baths, and American Museum in Britain are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Chippenham
- The closest major airport is in Bristol (BRS-Bristol Intl.), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chippenham
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lacock Abbey, Castle Combe Circuit, and Dyrham Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find Bath Abbey and Roman Baths.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Chippenham. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lucknam Park - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
- Stable Cottage - Battens Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this apartment. With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Manor House Hotel and Golf Club - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to see around the area include American Museum in Britain, located 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city center, and The Holburne Museum, which is 11.4 mi/18.3 km away.
Getting Around Chippenham
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Chippenham Station. Chippenham might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Chippenham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Chippenham is 1.22 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F