Visitors can enjoy all that Claremont has to offer including the riverfront, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks.
- You'll find 80 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hickory
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 34.6 mi (55.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 37.9 mi (61 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Claremont
A couple of favorite places to visit are Bunker Hill Covered Bridge and Riverbend Park. You'll also find Hickory Motor Speedway and Valley Hills Mall in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Claremont, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 20 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Statesville is located 16 mi (25.7 km) from the heart of Claremont. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Statesville can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Ramada by Wyndham Statesville is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from central Claremont. This 3-star hotel in Statesville features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Microtel Inn by Wyndham Cornelius/Lake Norman is 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the center of Claremont. This 2-star hotel in Cornelius features 4 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Claremont
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Average annual rainfall for Claremont is 46.22 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 31°F