Travelers to Denver will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights in the area include Spectrum Center, Bank of America Stadium, and Carowinds Theme Park.
- You'll find 526 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 19.2 mi (31 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Denver
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lake Norman. Additionally, you'll find Jetton Park and Lake Norman Visitors Center in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Denver, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 70 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Waterfront Home W/ramp, Couples Retreat, Girls Getaway,fisherman Welcome is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from central Denver. This 4-star hotel in Charlotte features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. Our customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Lake Norman Retreat With Sauna, Dock and Canoe is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the heart of Denver. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Charlotte can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Fun for Entire Family! Game Room, Lake Bar, Just Updated is 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the center of Denver. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Charlotte can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Denver
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 47.09 inches of rain falls on Denver each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 30°F