Families will find kid-friendly activities in Huntersville, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its festivals and lakeside setting. Top sights around the area include Charlotte Motor Speedway, Spectrum Center, and Bank of America Stadium.
- You'll find 555 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 13.6 mi (21.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Huntersville
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Joe Gibbs Racing and Discovery Place Kids. Favorite family attractions include Carolina Raptor Center and Rural Hill. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Latta Plantation Nature Preserve and Lake Norman.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Huntersville. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
- Comfort Suites Lake Norman - Huntersville - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Charlotte Motor Speedway, located 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Spectrum Center, which is 12.4 mi/20 km away.
Dressing for Huntersville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 69°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- About 45.87 inches of rain falls on Huntersville each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F