Visiting Cooperstown - Otsego Lake
History buffs will enjoy exploring Cooperstown - Otsego Lake, and visitors give high marks for the baseball games and lakeside setting. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, breweries, and opera houses. Top sights in the city include National Baseball Hall of Fame and Cooperstown Dreams Park.
- There are 179 hotels and other accommodations in Cooperstown - Otsego Lake
- The closest major airport is in Rome, NY (RME-Griffiss Intl.), 41.2 mi (66.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 49.6 mi (79.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cooperstown - Otsego Lake
The city is well known for its museums and opera, and cultural venues include National Baseball Hall of Fame, Glimmerglass Festival, and Farmers' Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hyde Hall and Old Stone Fort Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Cooperstown Dreams Park, Howe Caverns, and Glimmerglass State Park.
In Cooperstown - Otsego Lake, there are 179 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Landmark Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, quiet rooms.
- August Lodge Cooperstown - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Homestretch Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Cooperstown All Star Village Fields, located 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Cooperstown - Otsego Lake
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 12°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 15°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Cooperstown - Otsego Lake each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F