History buffs will enjoy exploring Utica, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, college vibe, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters, live music, and entertainment choices.
- There are 103 hotels and other accommodations in Utica
- The closest major airport is in Rome, NY (RME-Griffiss Intl.), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Syracuse, NY (SYR-Hancock Intl.), 44.5 mi (71.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Utica
Known for its theaters, live music, and opera, the city's cultural venues include Stanley Theater, Oneida Community Mansion House, and National Distance Running Hall of Fame. Families come for attractions such as Utica Zoo, Airborne Adventures Ballooning, and Sylvan Beach Amusement Park. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Oriskany Battlefield State Historic Site, Erie Canal Village, and Herkimer Home.
In Utica, you'll be able to select from 103 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Colonial Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Lodge at Headwaters - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott New Hartford - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Utica
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Utica Station, Utica Union Station, or Rome Station. Utica may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Utica
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 47°F during the day and 12°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Utica gets about 43.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 14°F