Cortez Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 9 economical motels in Cortez among the more than 65 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can experience more of the activities in Cortez. Top sights to visit include Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
Fun fact: Starting in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you're likely to find a free parking spot and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of Expedia customers' best-rated Cortez motels available to book:
Days Inn by Wyndham Cortez
- If driving, you'll be within 11 minutes of Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Retro Inn at Mesa Verde
- Coffee in the lobby along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 12 minutes of Mesa Verde National Park Entrance by car.
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
Cortez Cozy Inn
- You'll be located within 16 minutes of Mesa Verde National Park Entrance by car.
- A spa tub along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
National 9 Inn Sand Canyon
- If driving, you'll be within 15 minutes of Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and a casino shuttle.
What to Do in Cortez
In this quaint area, enjoy its beautiful parks and top-notch restaurants while you're sightseeing. Those who've visited Cortez like the mountain landscape.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Mesa Verde National Park Entrance
- Wetherill Mesa
- Park Point
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Long House
- Spruce Tree House
- Cliff Palace
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center
- Balcony House
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
Cortez is also notable for its:
- Archaeological sites
- Cultural attractions
Best Time to Visit Cortez
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Cortez by looking over the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 15° F
- April-June: 88° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 89° F and nighttime averages are around 41° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 16° F at night
- Average rainfall is 12.56 inches in a year
How to Get to Cortez and Around the Area
|Cortez, CO (CEZ-Montezuma County) ||Airport ||4 mi (6.4 km) |
|Durango, CO (AMK-Animas Air Park) ||Airport ||40.6 mi (65.4 km) |
|Farmington, NM (FMN-Four Corners Regional) ||Airport ||46.4 mi (74.7 km) |