Visiting Mesa Verde National Park
History buffs will enjoy exploring Mesa Verde National Park, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours and parks.
- You'll find 60 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cortez
- The closest major airport is in Cortez, CO (CEZ-Montezuma County), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Durango, CO (AMK-Animas Air Park), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mesa Verde National Park
Cultural venues in the city include Far View Sites, Chapin Mesa Archeological Museum, and Spruce Tree House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Soda Canyon Overlook Trail, Cliff Palace, and Step House Trail. The hiking trails and parks highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wetherill Mesa, Park Point, and Farming Terrace Trail.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Far View Lodge - This 2-star resort features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and convenient parking.
Dressing for Mesa Verde National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 12.56 inches of rain falls on Mesa Verde National Park each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 17°F