Travelers give high marks for the shopping in Dartmouth, which is also known for its lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, museums, and art. Top sights around the area include Halifax Citadel and Public Gardens Park.
- You'll find 151 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Halifax
- The closest major airport is in Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.), 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dartmouth
Cultural venues in the city include Royal Canadian Legion Military Museum, Quaker House, and Alderney Landing. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Ferry Terminal Park, Sullivans Pond Park, and Albro Lake Park. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Mic Mac Mall and Dartmouth Crossing.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Dartmouth. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Dartmouth - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and central location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Halifax Citadel, located 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city center, and Public Gardens Park, which is 1.8 mi/2.8 km away.
Dressing for Dartmouth
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Dartmouth gets about 1.65 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 70°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F