Find Hotels in Halifax
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $54
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2020
Where to stay in Halifax
4.5/5Wonderful!(322 area reviews)
Halifax is a city with a strong maritime history. Walk through the downtown area to understand its nickname, the Warden of the North.
5/5Exceptional!(2 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Downtown, Ferry Terminal Park and Royal Canadian Legion Military Museum are top sights worth seeing.
South End, Halifax
4/5Very Good!(46 area reviews)
Visit one of the country’s oldest cities, which also has a distinctive modern feeling. It’s apparent going down its streets why this is called the City of Trees.
3.5/5Good!(14 area reviews)
Balanced city life and a relaxed vibe characterize this area of Halifax. Discover how it actually rose from rubble to become an important district.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Halifax, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, fascinating museums, and local tours. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its live music, hockey games, and art. Top sights in the city include Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk, Halifax Citadel, and Public Gardens Park.
- There are 155 hotels and other accommodations in Halifax
- The closest major airport is in Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Halifax
Known for its live music, museums, and art, the city's cultural venues include Neptune Theatre, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, and Discovery Centre. Attractions like Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk, Emera Oval, and Hatfield Farm are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Halifax Citadel, Historic Properties, and Pier 21 National Historic Site.
In Halifax, you'll be able to select from 155 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Star of The Sea Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Dartmouth - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Snowflake Manor Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Other favorite sights in Halifax include Public Gardens Park, Dartmouth Crossing, and Scotiabank Centre.
Getting Around Halifax
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Halifax is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Halifax Station. You can find out about options for water transportation at the local port.
Dressing for Halifax
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 42°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.65 inches of rain falls on Halifax each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Halifax?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Halifax, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Halifax?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Halifax?
What's the best hotel for a stay in Downtown Halifax?
What's the best accommodation in South End, Halifax?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Halifax?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Halifax?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Halifax?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Dartmouth Crossing?
What about the best place to stay close to Halifax Waterfront Boardwalk?
What are some accommodations with pools in Halifax?
Recent reviews of Halifax hotels
More trip options
- Halifax Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Halifax Airports
- Hotels in Halifax Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Halifax Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Halifax
- More Hotel Options in Halifax
- More Popular Hotels in Nova Scotia
- Other Hotels near Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends