Visitors to Dunbar are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, festivals, and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Muirfield Golf Course.
- You'll find 1488 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Edinburgh
- The closest major airport is in Edinburgh (EDI), 32 mi (51.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunbar
The picturesque setting of Belhaven Beach and Tyninghame Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Winterfield Golf Club and East Links Family Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Dunbar. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dunmuir Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and beach locale.
- The Rocks - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Royal Mackintosh Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Muirfield Golf Course, located 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the city center.
Getting Around Dunbar
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Dunbar Station. Dunbar might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dunbar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 57°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Dunbar is 1.02 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 34°F