Visitors to Forest are sure to enjoy the forests. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffeehouses.
- You'll find 29 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Meridian
- The closest major airport is in Jackson, MS (JAN-Evers Intl.), 35.8 mi (57.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Madison, MS (DXE-Bruce Campbell Field), 36.7 mi (59 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Forest
A couple of favorite places to visit are Forest City Coliseum and Bienville National Forest. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Forest. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Forest - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Forest - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn-Forest - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Forest
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 54.17 inches of rain falls on Forest each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 37°F