Visiting Fort Ann
Visitors to Fort Ann are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include Charles R. Wood Theater, Lake George Dog Beach, and Fort William Henry.
- There are 218 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Glens Falls, NY (GFL-Floyd Bennett Memorial), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Ann
A favorite place to visit in the city is Shelving Rock Falls. In the area, you'll also find Charles R. Wood Theater and Lake George Dog Beach.
As you start planning for your getaway to Fort Ann, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 218 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Wingate by Wyndham Lake George is located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the heart of Fort Ann. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Lake George can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lake George (Queensbury), NY is 11 mi (17.7 km) from the center of Fort Ann. This 3-star hotel in Queensbury features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Queensbury Hotel is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from central Fort Ann. This 3-star hotel in Glens Falls features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Fort William Henry, located 11.2 mi (18 km) from the heart of the city, and Prospect Mountain, which is 12.8 mi/20.6 km away.
Dressing for Fort Ann
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 10°F as the nighttime average
- Fort Ann gets about 39.06 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°F