Visiting South Glens Falls
Visitors can enjoy all that South Glens Falls has to offer including the sporting events, theme park, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and shopping. Top sights around the area include Congress Park, Charles R. Wood Theater, and Lake George Dog Beach.
- You'll find 236 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lake George
- The closest major airport is in Glens Falls, NY (GFL-Floyd Bennett Memorial), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 38.5 mi (62 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Glens Falls
A favorite place to visit in the city is Historical Society of Moreau and South Glens Falls. Additionally, in the area you'll find Congress Park and Charles R. Wood Theater.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Budgetel Inn South Glens Falls - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Lake George Dog Beach, located 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city center, and Fort William Henry, which is 10 mi (16.1 km) away.
Dressing for South Glens Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 6°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 40°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 10°F
- South Glens Falls gets about 39.06 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°F