Visitors can enjoy all that Frostproof has to offer including the lakeside setting, golf courses, and musical theater. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. Top sights in the area include Legoland Florida, Chain of Lakes Park, and Polk Museum of Art.
- You'll find 573 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lakeland - Winter Haven
- The closest major airport is in Sebring, FL (SEF-Sebring Regional), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Frostproof
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kissimmee River. In the area, you'll also find River Greens Golf Course and Donaldson Park.
As you plan for your vacation to Frostproof, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 47 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Charming Waterfront Home in Frostproof W/lake View is located 10 mi (16 km) from the heart of Frostproof. This 2.5-star hotel in Winter Haven features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Cottage in Sunny Central Florida! is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from central Frostproof. This 3-star hotel in Sebring features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Winter Haven Gardens Inn and Banquet Center is 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the center of Frostproof. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Winter Haven can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and room size.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Legoland Florida, located 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center, and Chain of Lakes Park, which is 28.2 mi/45.3 km away.
Dressing for Frostproof
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 47°F
- About 52.17 inches of rain falls on Frostproof each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 48°F