Visitors to Bartow are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Chain of Lakes Park, Legoland Florida, and Polk Museum of Art.
- You'll find 577 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lakeland - Winter Haven
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 37.3 mi (60.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPF-Peter O. Knight), 39.1 mi (62.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bartow
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Bartow Flea Market is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are City of Bartow Golf Course and Polk County Historical Museum.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Bartow - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Chain of Lakes Park, 10.5 mi/17 km from the city center, and Legoland Florida, which is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) away.
Dressing for Bartow
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 59°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 71°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- Average annual rainfall for Bartow is 52.01 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 52°F