Visiting Lake Wales
Visitors to Lake Wales are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. Top sights around the area include Legoland Florida and Chain of Lakes Park.
- You'll find 573 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lakeland - Winter Haven
- The closest major airport is in Kissimmee, FL (ISM-Kissimmee Gateway), 28.6 mi (46 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sebring, FL (SEF-Sebring Regional), 34.3 mi (55.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Wales
The lakeside and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Bok Tower Gardens and Lake Kissimmee State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Eagle Ridge Mall to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Lake Wales. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Ste Lake Wales - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N-Winter Haven - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Capernaum Lakeside Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Top places to see around the area include Legoland Florida, located 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center, and Chain of Lakes Park, which is 10.9 mi (17.6 km) away.
Dressing for Lake Wales
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Lake Wales gets about 52.01 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 52°F