Visiting Gaiole in Chianti
Visitors to Gaiole in Chianti are sure to enjoy the spas and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights around the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, Piazza del Campo, and Civic Museum.
- There are 164 hotels and other accommodations in Gaiole in Chianti
- The closest major airport is in Florence (FLR-Peretola), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaiole in Chianti
The city is notable for landmarks like Church of San Sigismondo, Medieval Tower of Barbischio, and Meleto Castle. Wine tasting is a top activity, and Cantalici Winery is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gaiole in Chianti Stadium and Castle of Brolio.
In Gaiole in Chianti, you'll find 164 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Castello di Spaltenna - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Castellare De' Noveschi - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean rooms at this townhouse accommodation. Amenities at this townhouse accommodation include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Hotel Le Pozze Di Lecchi - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Top places to visit in the area include Stadio Artemio Franchi, located 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Piazza del Campo, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Dressing for Gaiole in Chianti
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Gaiole in Chianti gets about 31.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F