Visitors to Georgetown are sure to enjoy the sporting events and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, spas, and architecture. Top sights in the area include Governor's Mansion, Texas State Capitol, and Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum.
- You'll find 1354 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 30 mi (48.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Georgetown
The city's cultural venues include The Williamson Museum and Georgetown Palace Theatre. The picturesque setting of Inner Space Cavern and Jim Hogg Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Statue of Three-Legged Willie and Southwestern University.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Georgetown. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Olive Tree Court - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Sheraton Austin Georgetown Hotel & Conference Center - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Georgetown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Georgetown gets about 37.28 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F