Visiting Round Rock
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Round Rock, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fun sporting events, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include LBJ Presidential Library, University of Texas Tower, and Blanton Museum of Art.
- You'll find 1349 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 21.1 mi (34 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Round Rock
Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Renaissance Square, Rock Creek Plaza, and Boardwalk Shopping Center. Baseball fans will find lots to cheer about, while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Round Rock Sports Center or Dell Diamond. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Egger Park and Memorial Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Round Rock. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Austin Round Rock - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Hyatt Place Austin/Round Rock - Our customers like the central location and overall condition at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Round Rock - Austin North - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include LBJ Presidential Library, located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the heart of the city, and University of Texas Tower, which is 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away.
Dressing for Round Rock
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 75°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 97°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 33.90 inches of rain falls on Round Rock each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 95°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 37°F