Find Hotels in Austin, TX
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 22, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 12, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 31, 2020
Where to stay in Austin
4/5Very Good!(3,367 area reviews)
This happening area is the place to go for the top-quality entertainment, dining and shopping that has made Austin famous.
4/5Very Good!(656 area reviews)
The ample dining options and beautiful river views are top of the list for many visitors to South Congress. A stop by South Congress Avenue or Lady Bird Lake might round out your trip.
4.5/5Wonderful!(43 area reviews)
While visiting Zilker, you might make a stop by sights like Lady Bird Lake and Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum.
4/5Very Good!(720 area reviews)
A resident population of university students and multicultural communities enliven this southern Austin neighborhood, which borders the city’s green parkland.
East Cesar Chavez
While you're in East Cesar Chavez, take in top sights like Lady Bird Lake and jump on the metro at Plaza Saltillo Station to see more of the city.
Travelers to Austin give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices, and festivals. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its theaters, art, and university setting. Top sights in the city include Sixth Street, Governor's Mansion, and Texas State Capitol.
- There are 2012 hotels and other accommodations in Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 55 mi (88.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Austin
Known for its live music, festivals, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, Blanton Museum of Art, and Paramount Theater. Attractions like Barton Springs Pool, Austin Zoo, and Austin Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like University of Texas Tower, Frost Bank Tower, and Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue.
In Austin, there are 2012 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Heywood Hotel - This 3-star hotel in East Austin features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- Kimber Modern - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in South Congress can enjoy access to free breakfast and a snack bar/deli, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Eleven - This 3-star hotel in East Austin features free WiFi, free parking, and a bar. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Austin include Sixth Street, Governor's Mansion, and Texas State Capitol.
Getting Around Austin
With so many transportation options, seeing Austin is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Downtown Station, Plaza Saltillo Station, and Martin Luther King Jr Station. If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Austin Station.
Dressing for Austin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 94°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 98°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 41°F at night
- About 34.33 inches of rain falls on Austin each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 96°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Austin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Austin, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Austin?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Austin?
What's the best place to stay in Downtown Austin?
What's a favorite place to stay in East Austin?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Austin?
What's the best hotel for a romantic vacation to Austin?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Austin?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Sixth Street?
What about the best place to stay near The Domain?
Recent reviews of Austin hotels
More trip options
- Austin Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Austin Airports
- Hotels in Austin Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Austin Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Austin
- More Hotel Options in Austin
- Austin Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Texas
- Other Hotels near Austin, Texas
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends