Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Guanica, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and tucked away setting. Around the area, top sights include Playa Sucia, Cabo Rojo Lighthouse, and Church of Porta Coeli.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Guanica
- The closest major airport is in Ponce (PSE-Mercedita), 23.5 mi (37.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 24.5 mi (39.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guanica
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Playa Cana Gorda, Gilligan's Island, and Guanica State Forest. In the area, you'll also find Playa Sucia and Cabo Rojo Lighthouse.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Guanica. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Parador Guánica 1929 - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Church of Porta Coeli, located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Guanica
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 71°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- About 52.48 inches of rain falls on Guanica each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 71°F