Visitors to Lajas are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, entertainment choices, and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Playa Sucia, Cabo Rojo Lighthouse, and Church of Porta Coeli.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Lajas
- The closest major airport is in Mayaguez (MAZ-Eugenio Maria de Hostos), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Ponce (PSE-Mercedita), 31.4 mi (50.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lajas
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Isla Magueyes. Additionally, you might want to add Bioluminescent Bay to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Lajas. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Turtle Bay Inn - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Nautilus Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- La Jamaca - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall condition and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Playa Sucia, located 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city center, and Cabo Rojo Lighthouse, which is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away.
Dressing for Lajas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- About 85.12 inches of rain falls on Lajas each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 64°F