Travelers to Gulfport give high marks for the casinos, beaches, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Gulfport Beach and Port of Gulfport.
- You'll find 660 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Biloxi
- The closest major airport is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gulfport
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Busted Wrench Garage Museum and Lynn Meadows Discovery Center. Attractions like Gulf Islands Waterpark and Institute for Marine Mammal Studies are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Port of Gulfport, Joseph T. Jones Monument, and Grasslawn II.
In Gulfport, you'll find 245 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Gulfport-Biloxi Airport - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Gulfport, MS - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Gulfport I-10 - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Gulfport include Gulfport Beach. Outside the city, popular places to see include Beauvoir, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the heart of the city, and Biloxi Beach, which is 10.9 mi/17.5 km away.
Getting Around Gulfport
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Gulfport Amtrak Station. Gulfport might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gulfport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Gulfport gets about 65.75 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 44°F