Visiting Ocean Springs
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ocean Springs, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and casinos. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Biloxi Lighthouse and Beauvoir-The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library.
- You'll find 548 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Biloxi
- The closest major airport is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Mobile, AL (MOB-Mobile Regional), 36.1 mi (58.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ocean Springs
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Fontainebleau Nature Trail, Clay Boyd Park, and Ocean Springs City Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mississippi Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Gulf Islands National Seashore Davis Bayou.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Ocean Springs. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ocean Springs - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Biloxi-Ocean Springs, MS - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Studio 6 Ocean Springs - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Biloxi Lighthouse, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of the city, and Beauvoir-The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library, which is 12.6 mi/20.3 km away.
Dressing for Ocean Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Ocean Springs gets about 64.88 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 44°F