Visiting Long Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Long Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Relaxing and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its casinos. Top sights around the area include Beauvoir-The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library and Biloxi Lighthouse.
- You'll find 550 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Biloxi
- The closest major airport is in Gulfport, MS (GPT-Gulfport - Biloxi Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Beach
A couple of favorite places to visit are University of Southern Mississippi-Gulf Coast and Friendship Oak. In the area, you'll also find Beauvoir-The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library and Biloxi Lighthouse.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Long Beach. Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Long Beach - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Long Beach
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Long Beach is 65.75 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F