Hilo Vacation: Coronavirus Information
Most Hilo hotels offer free cancellation. Consider booking refundable hotels rather than non-refundable ones. Just look for the ‘free cancellation’ message during your hotel search. Prices can vary, but right now we believe that flexibility matters.
For more information about the impact of COVID-19 on your Hilo trip, please visit our Coronavirus Information page (opens in new window).
Top Hilo Flight + Hotel Deals
Top Hotels in Hilo
Reviewed on Jul 24, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 30, 2020
Reviewed on Jul 23, 2020
Top things to do in Hilo
Hilo Beach Vacation
There's nothing like a Hilo vacation to put a spring in your step. The soothing sound of rolling waves and the smell of salty sea air are sure to refresh your mind and body. To be near the city center on your trip to Hilo, find a hotel around Honoli'i Beach Park (just 2 miles (3 km) away). If you're going to stay for a bit, consider booking one of our Hilo vacation packages. Not only will you be able to save money, you'll also have other amazing beaches around you to explore, like Onekahakaha Beach Park and Keaukaha Beach Park. Now that's a win-win!
Things You Should Know About Hilo
- Nothing screams vacation like staying near the shoreline. If you're nodding in agreement, check out what's on offer among our Hilo beach hotels.
- Private vacation homes, like My Hilo 4 Bedroom Home and Hilltop Legacy Vacation Rental, are also popular property types here. Compare prices and amenities and then take your pick.
- Alternatively, go for our All-Inclusive hotels in Hilo. They make budgeting a breeze. Leave your purse safely in your room and enjoy the freedom that comes with going all-inclusive.
- Eager to know what Hilo has to offer? You can't beat local knowledge. As soon as you arrive, get chatting to one or two of the 43,300 people who call this place home. Check out our Hilo things to do page, too.
- University of Hawaii at Hilo is one major sight you can't miss here. For plenty of other great travel plan ideas, look up our Hilo vacation deals.
What are the advantages of a road trip to Hilo?
There’s nothing quite like a Hilo road trip. And Expedia makes it easy for you to turn all those road trip ideas into reality. You can find cheap deals on hotels in Hilo or bundle your hotels with car rentals to save even more. With our Hilo packages, you’ll find hitting the highway for that road trip adventure is more affordable than ever.
How to plan a road trip to Hilo?
Planning a road trip can feel daunting, especially when you’ll be making multiple bookings for your itinerary. But you can find car rentals in Hilo and low rates on hotels all in one place— Expedia. How you plan your road trip depends on what’s important to you. People love to take road trips to experience the great outdoors, bond with friends or family and see more of the world. When planning, bundle your car rental and hotel into one discounted package to maximize savings on both. Or, leave room for spontaneity, booking what you need when you need it with our last-minute deals.
What to do on a road trip to Hilo?
When taking a road trip adventure, it’s best to plan how you want to spend your time on your road trip itinerary. We don’t want you to miss out on any of the best things to do in Hilo. You can book all the road trip activities on your Hilo wishlist, and even plan activities along your route as well.
How to rent a car for a road trip?
For an epic road trip, you'll need the perfect car. Renting a car for a road trip is the best option that doesn’t put miles or strain on your vehicle, and especially when it's also so affordable. Because when you book on Expedia, it doesn't need to be expensive. You can pick up a cheap car rental and head out to one of these incredible vacation rentals in Hilo. And when you bundle car rentals with hotel stays, you'll save even more on each part of your journey.