Visitors to Karangasem are sure to enjoy the coral reefs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and safari tours. A top sight in the area is Mount Agung.
- There are 120 hotels and other accommodations in Karangasem
- The closest major airport is in Denpasar (DPS-Ngurah Rai Intl.), 39.7 mi (63.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Karangasem
The city is notable for landmarks like Lempuyang Luhur Temple, Taman Ujung Water Palace, and Amed Japanese Shipwreck. The city's natural beauty is on display at Amed Beach, Pasir Putih Beach, and Candidasa Beach. Top activities include diving and exploring the coral reef, while Amed is one place to visit.
In Karangasem, you'll find 120 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Sasoon - With a stay at this 4-star villa, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private pool. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Villarossa - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- The Griya Villas and Spa - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with a private pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mount Agung, located 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city center, and Jungut Batu Beach, which is 22.6 mi/36.4 km away.
Dressing for Karangasem
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 86°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 69°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Karangasem is 1.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually October and November with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 68°F