Visiting Long Beach Island
Travelers to Long Beach Island give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park and water parks. A top sight in the area is Brigantine Beach.
- You'll find 461 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Point Pleasant - Toms River
- The closest major airport is in Atlantic City, NJ (ACY-Atlantic City Intl.), 24.9 mi (40 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 36.8 mi (59.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Long Beach Island
Cultural venues in the city include Surflight Theatre, Museum of New Jersey Maritime History, and The Museum at Barnegat Light. Attractions like Fantasy Island Amusement Park, Hartland Miniature Golf & Arcade, and Thundering Surf Waterpark are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Brant Beach, Brighton Beach, and Haven Beach.
In Long Beach Island, you'll find 208 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel LBI - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Ship Bottom can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sea Horse Motel - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this motel. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in North Beach Haven can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Daddy O Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in North Beach Haven can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Steel Pier, 23.8 mi/38.2 km from the city center, and Atlantic City Convention Center, which is 24.1 mi (38.8 km) away.
Dressing for Long Beach Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Long Beach Island is 49.13 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F