Visiting Lookout Mountain
Visitors can enjoy all that Lookout Mountain has to offer including the mountain views, churches, and riverfront. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape.
- You'll find 238 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chattanooga
- The closest major airport is in Chattanooga, TN (CHA-Chattanooga Metropolitan), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lookout Mountain
A favorite place to visit in the city is Battles for Chattanooga Museum. Additionally, you'll find Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center and Point Park in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Lookout Mountain, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 194 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Chattanooga Choo Choo is located 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Chattanooga features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Chattanooga - Lookout Mtn is 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Chattanooga can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Comfort Inn Downtown is located within 3.2 mi (5.1 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Chattanooga can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Lookout Mountain
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Lookout Mountain gets about 52.44 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 32°F