Visitors can enjoy all that Makanda has to offer including the golf courses, restaurants, and parks. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location.
- You'll find 56 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carbondale
- The closest major airport is in Marion, IL (MWA-Williamson County Regional), 12.8 mi (20.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cape Girardeau, MO (CGI-Cape Girardeau Municipal), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Makanda
Places to visit in the larger region include Southern Illinois University, Railroaders Memorial, and Ferne Clyffe State Park. You'll also find Shawnee Community College and John A. Logan College in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Makanda. This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Giant City Lodge - This 2.5-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
Dressing for Makanda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- Makanda gets about 50.43 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 25°F