Families will find kid-friendly activities in Marion, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and sporting events.
- You'll find 56 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carbondale
- The closest major airport is in Marion, IL (MWA-Williamson County Regional), 4.7 mi (7.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Marion
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and Lake of Egypt. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Illinois Centre Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tower Square Plaza and Marion Cultural and Civic Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Marion. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Drury Inn Marion - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Marion Northeast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn and Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Marion
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- About 48.54 inches of rain falls on Marion each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F