Visitors to Midland are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 81 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Midland
Places to visit in the larger region include Heath Park, Peachtree Mall, and Columbus State University. In the area, you'll also find Bull Creek Golf Course and Columbus Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Midland, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Extended Stay America Columbus - Airport is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the center of Midland. This 2.5-star hotel in Columbus features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Columbus-North Fort Benning is located 9 mi (14.5 km) from the heart of Midland. This 2.5-star hotel in Columbus features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- La Quinta Inn Columbus Fort Benning is 9.2 mi (14.9 km) from central Midland. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Columbus can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Dressing for Midland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Midland gets about 49.57 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F