Visiting West Yarmouth
Families will find kid-friendly activities in West Yarmouth, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, seafood restaurants, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Cape Cod Museum of Art and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in West Yarmouth
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 26.1 mi (41.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Yarmouth
Families come for attractions such as Cape Cod Inflatable Park, Putter's Paradise Miniature Golf, and Wild Animal Lagoon. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Englewood Beach, Lewis Bay, and Seagull Beach. Top activities include golfing and whale watching, while Bayberry Hills Golf Course is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in West Yarmouth. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Green Harbor Resort - This 3-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms.
- Colonial Acres Resort - Our customers love the breakfast and location at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Cove at Yarmouth, a VRI resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers love its breakfast and spacious, clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Cape Cod Museum of Art, 6.8 mi/10.9 km from the heart of the city, and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, which is 9.8 mi/15.8 km away.
Dressing for West Yarmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- West Yarmouth gets about 43.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F