Visiting Dennis Port
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Dennis Port, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Cape Cod Museum of Art, Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, and Nauset Lighthouse.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodations in Dennis Port
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 7.8 mi (12.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nantucket, MA (ACK-Nantucket Memorial), 28.5 mi (45.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dennis Port
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Sea Street Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Cape Cod Theatre Company – Home of the Harwich Jr. Theatre to your agenda.
In Dennis Port, there are 68 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- By the Sea Guests Bed & Breakfast & Suites - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking, and a free manager's reception. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Three Seasons Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection - With a stay at this 3-star condo resort, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its dining options and overall value.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Cape Cod Museum of Art, 6 mi/9.6 km from the city center, and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, which is 6.1 mi (9.8 km) away.
Dressing for Dennis Port
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 53°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Dennis Port gets about 47.01 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 25°F