Visiting South Yarmouth
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Yarmouth, and visitors give high marks for the seafood restaurants, beaches, and pristine golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Cape Cod Museum of Art and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in South Yarmouth
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 27.8 mi (44.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in South Yarmouth
Families come for attractions such as Werner Schmidt Observatory, Bass River Sports World, and Pirate's Cove Mini Golf. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Wilbur Park and Seagull Beach. Golfing is a top activity, and Bass River Golf Course is one place to visit.
In South Yarmouth, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Captain Farris House B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Escape Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Ocean Club on Smuggler's Beach - With a stay at this 3-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and an indoor pool, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers love its bar and quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Cape Cod Museum of Art, located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center, and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, which is 6.9 mi/11.1 km away.
Dressing for South Yarmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- South Yarmouth gets about 43.35 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F