Travelers to Hyannis give high marks for the seafood restaurants, shopping, and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Cape Cod Museum of Art and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History.
- There are 67 hotels and other accommodations in Hyannis
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 25 mi (40.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hyannis
Cultural venues in the city include John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, Cape Cod Baseball Hall of Fame, and Cape Cod Maritime Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Kalmus Beach and Hyannis Port Beach. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Hyannis Harbor is one place to visit.
In Hyannis, you'll be able to select from 67 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Anchor In Distinctive Waterfront Lodging - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Cape Cod Harbor House Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Cape Cod Museum of Art, 7.5 mi/12.1 km from the heart of the city, and Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, which is 11 mi/17.7 km away.
Getting Around Hyannis
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Hyannis is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Hyannis Transportation Center. You can catch a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Hyannis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Hyannis gets about 43.35 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F