Visiting New Roads
Visitors can enjoy all that New Roads has to offer including the churches, riverfront, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- You'll find 154 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Baton Rouge
- The closest major airport is in Baton Rouge, LA (BTR-Baton Rouge Metropolitan), 22.2 mi (35.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in New Roads
Places to visit in the larger region include Grace Church of West Feliciana Parish, Cat Island National Wildlife Refuge, and Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site. Additionally, you'll find Myrtles Plantation and Hemingbough in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Best Western False River Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and overall condition.
Dressing for New Roads
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 39°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 52°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- New Roads gets about 58.74 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 41°F