Visiting Newton Abbot
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Newton Abbot, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Quaint and rural, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Spacex.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodations in Newton Abbot
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Newton Abbot
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Dartmoor. Additionally, you'll find Spacex in the area.
In Newton Abbot, you'll find 97 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bulleigh Barton Manor - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Amberley Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Eastwrey Barton - Guest house - Amenities at this 5-star bed & breakfast include free parking and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Newton Abbot
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Newton Abbot Station. Newton Abbot might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Newton Abbot
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Newton Abbot gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F